Here are several safety guidelines to help make sure that your usage of TradersPost is safe.
While community members who use TradersPost have success with buying, selling, renting or connecting with others. It is important we help keep our community members safe from people attempting to scam or defraud them. We have found that one of the best ways to address this problem is to ensure that all transactions take place locally and in-person.
We request you to take the following precautions:
- When buying or selling, you should meet in-person to see the product. Learn as much as you can about who
you are meeting or trading with before you complete the transaction TradersPost is all about local transactions.
- Never send or wire money to sellers or buyers. This includes never mailing a cheque or using wire payment
services to pay for items found on TradersPost.
- Be wary of Users with no reliable contact information, who respond slowly or not at all
- TradersPost does not offer any sort of buyer protection. Any emails or websites that talk about such systems are
scams, even if they have the TradersPost logo. If you receive any emails promoting these services, please
forward the message to us.
- Never provide your personal or banking information (e.g. credit card number) to others over the Internet.
Never give out your TradersPost password, even if asked to do so in an email supposedly sent by TradersPost.
- Protect personal information, e.g. do not share your home address unless you know the other person and want
them to visit you.
- Make yourself aware of common scams and fraud. Do not believe the promise of large sums of money for your
help in any task.
- Inform TradersPost of any attempted fraud or suspicious emails, Ads, or other activity by community members.
In case of fraud, report it to the local authorities and inform us.
- Use common sense. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is not.